Glass Block Installation For Your Home Or Business
Glass block was invented for privacy reasons as well as security purposes as glass block allows for light to come in while also making it difficult to see in or break through. On the other hand, the standard is sheet glass, which emits natural light, but does not provide the privacy or the security that glass block does.
While holding many functions, there are a variety of glass block types.
- Wavy Glass Block: This glass block is a subtle pattern but still gives optimal privacy. This pattern is typically seen in basements.
- Clarity Glass Block: Like sheet glass, this glass block does not give privacy, however it does still provide security. Since there is no privacy factor with clarity glass block, they are mostly seen in kitchens and entry doors with sidelights.
- Ice Glass Block: This type of glass block is like that of wavy glass block as it allows for optimal privacy while still letting in natural light. However, ice glass block only casts shadows making them ideal for bathrooms.
- Diamond Glass Block: This intricate patterned glass block is smooth to touch with privacy but less natural light. Diamond glass block is often placed in bathrooms.
We offer 4 styles of Glass Block Installation for you. We also offer custom glass block work. Click here for Glass Block Styles. See details below on custom projects.
Benefits of Glass Block
- Glass block windows offer privacy because the glass is translucent.
- Glass block windows allow Natural light to come in
- The thick, interlocking glass blocks are very strong and durable - they provide greater security than other windows
- Resistant to pests since they create a tight seal
- Save Money with a more insulation
- Airtight Glass Block Windows keep spiders, snakes and mice out
- We install all shapes and sizes
- Guarantee for life!
Need more convincing?
If you're thinking of making home improvements, and have considered glass blocks, we can help you finalize your decision. Glass block windows for are our choice because of the multitude of benefits for your home. Mainly, glass block windows will improve your house by making it more energy efficient. These thicker windows have airtight blocks that are sealed to perfection which will decrease energy bills with a more insulation, while keeping pests like spiders and mice out.
Glass block windows also help to make your home LEED certified, meaning they help to certify your home as environmentally sustainable and energy efficient. With the installation of glass block windows, you are looking at a 5-35% increase in value of your home against comparable structures due to the added value of being LEED certified.
Further, glass block windows prevent a drafty room. The main contribution to this feature is the unique cement mortar which holds the windows together. Glass block windows help to keep cold air out, making it a more comfortable environment in colder weather.
Glass block windows’ warped design allows for privacy, while still allowing brighter, more natural light into your home without pesky blinds. These windows allow for outsiders to only see blurs while looking in. Glass block windows allow for a more private environment, but also a more secure home. Due to the thickness of these windows, glass block windows are nearly impossible to break through, increasing security and your state of mind.
The look of these glass block windows are also extremely aesthetically appealing and give more of an upscale look to your home. Although this look may not be for everyone, these unique windows add to your home’s appearance.
Although glass block windows are top notch, we still recommend getting them sealed every five years in order to prevent any water penetration and keep up with its maintenance. This may seem like a hassle but in fact glass block windows require much less maintenance than a regular window would because of how sturdy they are. If you are going to be selling your house in the near future, consider installing glass block windows to improve the overall architectural design to appeal to those who are looking to buy your home!
You Dream It, We Build It!
Hawkeye will work with your trusted contractor to add glass block to your project. When remodeling your bathroom glass block combines function and beauty. Partition walls enhance light transmission between rooms while adding a striking interior feature. Call Hawkeye today for ideas and a free quote at 585-576-8787.